Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Berserkers (also called "Berserks") are one of the templar classes you may choose to deploy on missions.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Starting Attributes
- 3 Starting Talents
- 4 Usable Gear
- 5 Berserker Talents
Overview[edit | edit source]
Berserkers are the melee specialists of the templar forces. They tend to be high-risk/high-reward attackers best used to kill foes in a single turn. Prolonged combat in melee against the Xeno and, more dangerous threats is not advised even for these mighty templars so it is their job to end things quickly. Berserkers have access to a single ranged attack in the form of their deadly Assault Grenades, but otherwise are reliant purely on their axe (or axes!) to deal with foes. Berserkers tend to have builds identified by whether they dual-wield axes, use an axe and a shield, or focus heavily on grenades.
Starting Attributes[edit | edit source]
Class Features[edit | edit source]
- Base HP: 104 + 1 per level
- HP Modifier: + 6 HP per Fortitude
- Toughness Modifier: 150% of Fortitude
- Resistance Modifier: 200% of Willpower
- SP Cost: 500 + 5 x Level, maximum = 550
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Fortitude: 4
- Willpower: 2
- Focus: 2
- Strength: 4
- Quickness: 3
Skills[edit | edit source]
- Warrior: 4
- Tactics: 3
- Evasion: 3
- Grenades: 1
Starting Talents[edit | edit source]
The Berserker starts with a single rank in Strike, and Unbalancing Blows.
Usable Gear[edit | edit source]
The Berserker uses either an axe and a shield, or two axes. He/She also uses targeting systems (War Gear shared with the Soldiers) and Expert-Procs (War Gear only used by Berserkers!) The Berserker wears either Assault armor (evasion-focused armor also used by some Paladins) or Heavy armor (also used by Captains and Soldiers.)
Berserker Talents[edit | edit source]
Strike[edit | edit source]
- Single target melee attack that generates only 3 Heat.
- Used by counter-attacks, and thus worthy of investment for that reason alone.
- Gains a large damage bonus and moderate accuracy bonus at higher ranks.
Unbalancing Blows[edit | edit source]
- Crippling, single-target melee attack that develops into a melee AoE crippling attack at higher ranks.
- Enemy debuffs include MP reduction, AP reduction, and ranged and melee accuracy reduction for 3 turns. Of course, if you're in melee with the foe already, the MP reduction won't help you unless you retreat with your remaining movement points after landing this attack.
- Investing at least two points to reach rank 3+ is highly recommended to allow the attack to hit a group of foes.
- Has roughly the same accuracy as Strike, the same AP cost, but about half the bonus damage and isn't used in counter-attacks.
Assault Grenade[edit | edit source]
- Limited-use ranged AoE attack.
- Can hit 13 targets under ideal circumstances.
- Unlike the Soldier's grenades, it gains up to three additional uses per deployment at higher ranks.
- Because the starting Grenade skill for Berserkers is so abysmal, some investment into Grenades, Quickness, or this talent may be needed to reliably hit targets.
- Can be combined with a particular relic for auto-penetration...
Indomitable Defense[edit | edit source]
- Limited-use self-only misnomer buff that improves offensive statistics for 3 turns.
- Grants Damage and counter-attack rate (on hits you failed to block/parry) joined by melee accuracy and critical hit chance at higher levels.
- Costs no AP but has a 15 Heat cost and ends your movement.
- The early benefits of this talent are mostly applicable if you are getting hit. Given that no templar survives melee hits for long, this may not be as promising of a buff as you might think.
- Requires a shield.
Warding Shield[edit | edit source]
- Limited-use self-only buff that grants defensive bonuses for 4 turns.
- Grants a significant amount of auto-block and a smaller amount of parry and armor.
- Lasts 1 turn longer than Indomitable Defense so it won't expire as quickly, but it does require 1 AP to use.
- Combining this with Indomitable defense every 4 turns while active in combat or moving can quickly rack up heat as the combination is +30 Heat while only consuming 1 of your MP.
Berserk Slash[edit | edit source]
- Powerful, low accuracy Melee AoE attack.
- Hits a cross shape with high damage bonus, good penetration bonus and a large bonus to critical hit chance.
- Costs 9 Heat unlike Slash and Unbalancing Blows, and has no bonus to accuracy at any level, leaving you more open to potential counter-attacks.
Uncapped Fury[edit | edit source]
- Limited use self-healing combined with a self-buff for 4 turns.
- Heals a very small amount of health but gives significant bonuses to damage and critical chance at a growing cost to parry.
- The lost parry will probably offset the health restored unless your current foes are primarily ranged attackers.
Battle-Lock[edit | edit source]
- Limited use self-buff that ends your movement and lowers your MP going forward.
- The upside is a significant boost to melee accuracy (no dice, grenades!) a small bonus to damage and a moderate bonus to armor.
- If you were planning to stay and fight anyway, this can be a large advantage.
- The MP cost increases from 2 to 3 at rank 8, making rank 7 a natural stopping point.
Kill Strike[edit | edit source]
- Limited use single-target melee attack that deals bonus plasma damage and has good penetration.
- It is very easy to run out uses for this attack, even at higher ranks.
- The plasma damage grows to a very high level at higher ranks making it effective against highly armored enemies without plasma resistance.
- The accuracy is somewhat higher than the most accurate of Berserker attacks.
Wrathful Defense[edit | edit source]
- Limited-use self-only defensive buff.
- Only usable with dual axes.
- Grants unlimited counter-attacks which may help if swarmed by a large group of low damage melee attackers such as Skitterlings.
- Grants a large amount of deflection and auto-block to help offset the lack of a shield.
Hacking Blows[edit | edit source]
- Limited use self-only offensive buff.
- Only usable with dual axes.
- Grants a moderate accuracy and damage bonus with a moderately-large bonus to penetration in exchange for a growing penalty to parry for 4 turns.
- Useful when dealing with high deflection foes but the defensive penalty makes higher ranks of this skill very risky if enemy melee attackers are nearby.